Monday, June 15, 2020

Sketching to Mimic Mosaic

It's been a good season for sketching.  In part, it's because I took 2 online classes that featured journaling.  In part, it's because I've incorporated it into my morning watch practice.  This past week, I've really enjoyed working with more color; for my 2 online classes, we worked in grays, blacks, and one color that brought us joy.

I've really liked this sketch that I worked on for several days:



I tried to make it look a bit like mosaics as I colored in the areas between the dark blue lines.  I like the contrast between the tiny block shapes and the swirling lines.

I also really loved the richness of the colors and the way they worked together.  And I liked that it could be a descending dove or tongues of fire or a womb.

I also like remembering the state of calm that the sketching brought to me.  I'm really glad that I've incorporated it into my morning liturgy of the hours.

No comments: