Saturday, August 12, 2023

Collecting Children's Sermons

A quick post before turning my attention to my sermon.  I need to write it this morning, before I leave Virginia to drive back to North Carolina, so that I can drive to Tennessee to deliver the sermon tomorrow.  I'm not exactly a circuit rider or an itinerant preacher, although this week-end it may feel that way.

Last night, my mom suggested that I make a book of my children's sermons.  And my sister suggested I write a how to book--how to write children's sermons.  My first thought was that I'm not expert enough to do that.  

My second thought was to wonder if it's been done before.

And my next thought is to continue to do what I'm doing, collecting them, writing them up, hoping I continue to be as inspired as I have been these past few weeks.

No comments: