Saturday, January 9, 2021

One Last Look Back at Epiphany 2021

Before we get too far away from Epiphany, let me post a sketch and the haiku-like creation that I made:

Cold cosmos, keep watch
Follow the star so distant
Promises fulfilled.



And after I worked on finishing this sketch, I went for a jog.  I made this Facebook post:

"I am that woman out for her morning jog before 6 a.m., that woman who hollers, "Happy Epiphany!" to a group of tipsy teenagers, toddling home from the beach.

I am a bright, shining star."

Looking back, I think about how enthusiastic I felt about the fact that one Georgia Senate seat had gone to a Democrat, and I had hopes for the second seat too.  And then, the events of the day unraveled with the invasion of the U.S. Capitol building in Washington D.C.

And yet, I still feel hopeful.  I know that events like the ones on Wednesday can be the ones that set a country on a different trajectory.  Hopefully we will choose a better one.

No comments: