Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

--My friend is recovering nicely in the hospital. We even chatted for a few sentences worth on the phone last night. Hurrah!

--As I prayed for her, I broadened my concerns to pray for surgeons and patients everywhere.

--Now the hard work begins, the healing and the learning to use the new hip--and the refraining from behaviors (like bending and lifting) that will damage her body before it's had a chance to grow new bone around the titanium.

--Let us pause and say, "Great show, God!" How amazing these bodies that can grow new bone and blood. How amazing our brains, that figured out how to replace joints that no longer work. How amazing this creation that commits to resurrection on a daily basis!

--I have two book give-aways going on, one at each blog: go here and here for details. All you need to do to be entered in the Sunday morning drawing is to leave a simple comment (something like "Me!").

--I'm supposed to have a blog post put up at Living Lutheran today: resolutions that will help you take small steps towards being a peacemaker.

No comments: