Sunday, January 9, 2011

And the winner is . . . And the next book is . . .

Jemma is the lucky winner of book #1. But happily, there's a new book drawing almost every week, so be sure to check back on Sundays.

This week's book is Flirting with Monasticism: Finding God on Ancient Paths by Karen E. Sloan. This book tells the story of a woman who meets a man who is entering a monastic order, and under different circumstances, this story would tell of a very different flirtation. Sloan comes out of an Evangelical tradition, so her flirtation has some added nuances that others would not (for example, Catholics).


Leave a comment, and I'll enter you into a drawing for this book. In one week, I'll draw a name, and if you're the lucky person, I'll contact you and mail you not only this book, but a surprise book too. Happy reading!

4 comments:

J. Bloom said...

I hope someday I have the will power to give away my books. For now I will just pray for strong book shelves. Thanks. Jeremy.

Ps. Your blog brings me alot of hope: that as humans we are truly connected and moving to a more just society.

Di McCullough said...

I'd love to enter your drawing! I'm reading "Radical Hospitality" (on Benedictines), which is also wonderful.

Carol Berg said...

This sounds fascinating! Count me in the drawing, please.

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

J. Bloom wins the stated book plus a surprise. However, if all three of you would like to send me a mailing address, I'd love to send books to everyone! For Di and Carol, it will be a surprise, although at least one book will be about some form of monasticism.

Send your mailing address to my e-mail address: kristinlba@aol.com.

You'll have books soon!