Monday, July 13, 2026

Recording of Yesterday's Sermon

Yesterday was a good day at Faith Lutheran in Bristol, Tennessee.  The heavy rains hadn't arrived yet, but it had been a cooler week, so we weren't all worn out from the heat and the 4th of July.  I had a great week at Lutheridge for Music Week, and my parents joined us at Faith on their circuitous way back to Williamsburg.  My mom's cousin Ruth joined us too.

I tried to do something a bit different with the passage from Matthew that talks about seeds and a sower.  I even brought in the Apostle  Paul, who by certain metrics would be a failure--of all the churches he founded, not one still exists.

I described the sermon this way:  "Perhaps you need a Sunday sermon that tells you that seeds get more than one chance in God's garden, that God, our exuberant sower of seeds, has great plans for us, that even people like the Apostle Paul could be considered a failure when considering certain metrics, and thus, there's hope for us."

You can view the sermon here on my YouTube channel.  If you'd like to read along, the sermon manuscript is in yesterday's blog post.

No comments: