Monday, July 27, 2026

Recording of Yesterday's Sermon in the Outdoor Pavilion

As we drove across the mountain to Bristol, Tennessee yesterday, we wondered if we would have worship in the outdoor pavilion, the way we had planned.  Our weather apps told us that the rain would be going away in time for worship, but the dark clouds suggested otherwise.

We got to church, where everyone gathered early to set up was checking their weather apps.  The teenagers encouraged us to go with the outdoor plan, and so, we did.  And the rain held off, and worship was wonderful.  We had two visitors, a couple who are closing on their house and moving down from Maine, so I was glad that worship went well.  We had a barbecue lunch afterward, and they stayed, which also made me happy.

My sermon went well--I revamped the whole thing Sunday morning, so there, too, I was glad that it went well.  If you want to view the sermon, the recording is here on my YouTube channel.  If you'd like to read along, I posted the sermon manuscript in this blog post.

No comments: