Saturday, May 9, 2020

Spiritual Sketching

This morning before sketching, I read Psalm 107: 33-43, which has lots of water imagery. I was thinking about springs of living water, and this sketch emerged:



Yesterday I started with this sketch:



I thought I should add more to it.  I didn't like the way it reminded of the logo of the Partridge Family.  I like the idea of a nest holding something important, and so I tried adding to that aspect.  And then I added a descending dove or a flame, depending on your perspective.



To me, this sketch shows two main ways that humans have interacted with God.  There's the going into the interior and discovering God, and then there's the kind of discovery where God interrupts regular life.  I realize that there are other ways of discovering God, of course.  


No comments: