Sunday, May 17, 2020

Rare Free Online Opportunities: The Festival of Homiletics

For years, I have wanted to go to the Festival of Homiletics.  But it's often at a time that's not convenient or it's in a year when I'm already traveling, and I can't be out of the office too often in a season.

If ever you wanted to go to the Festival of Homiletics, this year is your year--it's streaming and free for the livestream ($75 for on demand viewing with access for this type of viewing for 1 year after the festival--because of music copyright, the worship services might not be available on demand).  Go here to register.

It does start on May 18, so if you want the free livestream, don't delay!

I decided to pay the $75, because I'm still in an office during the day, and I knew I might have to miss some/all of the livestream.  Plus, in the world of expenses, $75 seems like a bargain for something that I anticipate will be a combination of nourishing and supportive and comforting.

We are seeing many virtual opportunities that make experiences possible for many of us who would never be able to take part.  I hope it's something we can hang onto after the pandemic passes.

No comments: