Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday Prayers

This morning, I woke up thinking of all of those tasked with reuniting the youngest children separated from their parents at the southern U.S. border--that deadline is upon those people.  I said a prayer for everyone--not the least, those little children and their distraught parents.

I also said a prayer for all of those EDMC schools that are closing soon, schools which include seventeen Art Institutes, nine Argosy campuses, and 3 South University campuses. Many of those campuses will start their Summer term today, and many students will likely show up not hearing the news.  New starts have had their enrollment agreements cancelled, but continuing students may not have read the e-mails that went out last week.

I am widening my prayer to include us all, those of us exposed to disheartening news, day after day after day.  I miss those days when it seemed the whole world had turned a corner, that we were headed to brighter days, when the week and the powerless would be protected, when more people would have a chance at a brighter future.

No comments: