Thursday, August 15, 2019

Prayer for Those Facing Surgery

Today two different church members have surgery.  I knew about one of the surgeries in advance, and this morning, another member made a Facebook post about today's surgery to repair a broken hip.

In times like these, I am grateful that I am able to send a Facebook message and grateful that so many people have their phones with them and on at all hours of the day.  I can send a message which is less intrusive than a phone call.  I can send a message by way of social media, which means that people will know I'm thinking about them in real time, instead of the time it takes a card to make its way to the recipient.

What are the odds that two church members would be having surgery in the same day?  We're a very small church; we only have an average of 50 members worshiping on an average Sunday.  And these are not minor surgeries.

Let me compose a prayer:

Healer God, please be with all who face surgery today.  Guide the hands of the surgeons who will perform the procedures.  Protect the patients from all the pathogens who await their chance to invade.  Open the hearts of those who do the hard work of care after the surgery.  Comfort the loved ones in every waiting room.  Help all of our bodies and souls work their way back to maximum health.

No comments: