Monday, August 27, 2018

The Decorating Power of Ribbons

Yesterday, we finished our transitioning of the chancel from Pentecost to the long, green season of Ordinary Time.  During our Pentecost Project, we made streamers which I then draped over the white material that's draped over the back pulpit/lectern, which we no longer use for that purpose:



Yesterday, we took away the ribbons, which I'll save for the possibility of using them when we go to Synod Assembly.  I brought out several bags of ribbons that people have been leaving in the arts and crafts closet.  We chose what we thought we'd be using, and then we went to the sanctuary to go to work:



I used a sarong for the area under the altar.  We'll be leaving the weaving in place for awhile:



I liked this little bit of ribbon:




I wasn't sure that this part worked--but my pastor liked it and talked about how we're creating a horizon of sorts and how we might add to it (an empty tomb for Easter, for example).  As the morning progressed, I had an idea of star that started off small, maybe in late September, and by Advent was very large.



In some ways, we did more with gold than we did with greens and a bit of blue:





I didn't get any good shots of the larger area.  Maybe that will come next time.

No comments: