Monday, August 20, 2018

Pentecost Transformations: Glass Block

Almost 4 months ago, in preparation for Pentecost, we created made these:



We used glass blocks from Home Depot and mosaic pieces in Pentecost colors:



Then we put them on the altar, along with other Pentecost creations:



My pastor was in no hurry for us to take them down, but I had begun to feel we should do something different for the season of late summer to August (I call it the long, green season of Ordinary Time, but not everyone does).  So, last Sunday, we took the Pentecost blocks and put different tiles on the other side:




They're not quite as vibrant as I'd have liked, but I was limited to the limited supply in our local Michael's.



With some of them, we can still see the Pentecost colors peeking through.  But I don't think that's a problem:



Next week, we'll do something different with fabric and ribbons.  Stay tuned!


No comments: