Friday, May 17, 2013

Decorating for Pentecost

I have a post up at the Living Lutheran site about decorating the sanctuary for Pentecost.  You can read it here.

I begin by wondering why we don't do more decorating for this holiday:  "I wrote an article for The Lutheran about why Pentecost makes mainstream Protestants nervous (speaking in tongues, lack of control, a mission that’s huge). Perhaps that’s why we don’t get hyped up for Pentecost. Or maybe it’s because we don’t know how to decorate for the holiday, the way we do for Christmas. It’s great to change the paraments to red. But we could do so much more."

And then, I have suggestions.


Astute readers of this blog may think it sounds familiar.  Yes, it's a post I wrote on this blog last year. 

To see how these ideas actually worked in a real sanctuary, see this post.  It has photos.

No comments: