Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Responding to the Call

This past Sunday, my pastor organized his sermon around different calls.  He read the Isaiah part of the lectionary and talked about Isaiah's call, which the reading described.  He talked about how Moses heard his call and pushed back before submitting.  He talked about Mother Theresa's call and how it changed her life.

While the call stories weren't new to me, my pastor did weave some nuggets that were new.  Or maybe I just needed to hear them again.

God knows what God is doing when God calls us.

God gives us what we need to fulfill God's call.

So, back to me, interpreting.  God can see aspects of us that we can't see.  We have gifts and talents that we don't even know about, but God does.

And if we don't have what is needed, God can provide it.

No comments: