Monday, August 10, 2020

A Possible Quilting Retreat for Fall

 It looks like we will have a quilting retreat at Lutheridge this October.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up; this time period has taught me that much can change with very little notice.  Still, the thought of Lutheridge, the mountains, October, a chance to quilt--oh these ideas make me very happy.

It will be a very different quilting retreat, but since I never had a chance to go to previous retreats, it won't be as much of an adjustment for me.  We'll be required to wear masks indoors, so when we're at our sewing tables, we'll be masked.  That will be an adjustment for me, but I'm hoping that I'll be encouraged to get up and get outside periodically.

The even bigger adjustment will be the way meals will be done.  Meals will come to us at our sewing tables.  We're told it will be the same food.  I will miss the dining hall experience, but I understand why it can't be the way it was with a pandemic still blazing through the world.  Maybe I'll eat moderately.

When I made my reservation months ago, I requested a private room, so that won't be an adjustment for me.  And I'm a solitary sewer, so I wasn't planning to share equipment.  I just want to sit and stitch by hand and have room to spread out--which I will have.  I'm hoping to get the whole quilt finished, but if I can't, then I'm hoping that I can get the center part done.  The edges are easier to do without a quilting table.

I'm looking forward to a chance to be away and grateful that Lutheridge is willing to go forward with this retreat.  I am guessing that we may need to run retreats this way for several years, so it will be good to be part of a group that helps Lutheridge and other camps figure out the best way(s) to move forward.

No comments: