Thursday, August 2, 2018

Transitioning from Pentecost

Soon it will be time to change the sanctuary.  One of my interactive worship friends said, "It's a shame.  I think those banners are the best work we've ever done."



That comment made me so happy.  When we began the project, I wasn't sure it would work or that the banners would last.  For much of the work, we used glue sticks to attach fabric or tissue paper to the banner.



We've been creating something new for the sanctuary, which I'm hoping people will like just as well.  We got four big canvases and painted the background two weeks ago.  I suggested shades of green, since that's the color of our current liturgical season and will be until Advent.




Last Sunday, I read the Bible passages from each Sunday of the summer and asked people to listen for words or phrases that leapt out at them.  Our project was to paint those words on the canvases.  It was a different kind of lectio divina, one that worked well for our creative group.



We will hang the canvases on the large wall behind the altar.  I envision push pins that will hold the canvases.   I'm also thinking of doing something with the glass block mosaics that we created.  Of course, pictures will be posted in the coming weeks.

No comments: