Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pentecost Project: Sunday #1

A month from now, it will be the Saturday before Pentecost.  If you need an arts project for your church, here's one that's good for a group of varying skills.  You can make banners.  All you need is fabric, glue, and tissue paper.  Here's what we did on Sunday as part of our Easter to Pentecost time of arts projects at our interactive service.

I picked up some long strips of cloth at the Create in Me retreat.  I laid them out on our tables. 



I also sorted through the scraps that people brought to the retreat.  I collected fabric swatches and scraps in orange, red, and yellow.



I also collected tissue paper.  At a Create in Me retreat in 2013, we made banners with pieces of tissue paper glued on top of each other.



It ends up looking like this:





I put out the supplies and let people do what they wanted on the long strips. 



One group set about making flame shapes out of cloth. 



One woman glued tissue paper flat.




I decided to see what happened when I tried doing something more 3 dimensional with the tissue paper.



We didn't finish the banners.  I look forward to seeing where we go with this project.

No comments: