Monday, August 31, 2026

My Sunday Sermon Recording: August 30, 2026

We had a good Sunday yesterday.  My spouse and I had a good car trip over the mountains.  We began by talking about my youth sermon, which led to a better youth sermon.  Then we talked about the relationship between Peter and Jesus.  My spouse said, "Jesus wasn't evaluating him as a future employee.  They were friends."

I was startled to realize how often I think of Peter as an employee who needs close management, not as a friend of Jesus.

On our way home, I was worried that my sermon spent too much time with Dolly Parton, but after we listened to it on the way home, I was relieved to decide that it was balanced.

We spent the afternoon the way we usually do, listening to other people's sermons from around the southeast--good afternoon to follow a good morning.

You can view the recording of the sermon here at my YouTube channel, and if you'd like to read the sermon, I put the manuscript in this blog post.


No comments: