I am always intrigued by how we can see seasons shifting, long before the calendar would tell us to expect these changes.
We have to learn to see with new eyes, eyes that focus on what's there, not what we're expecting to see. It's more of a shift of imagination than with our literal eyes, our literal sense:
It's similar to how we can see God at work in the world--but it might mean we need to change our focus.
Once we see it, the changing of a season, the evidence of God in the world, it's hard to ignore.
In future years, I might see this photo as evidence of a world on fire; I wouldn't be wrong, but it's early morning mist here, not smoke from fires.
One aspect I can't capture: the way the greenness of the trees is thinning, the way I can see distant lights from roads in ways I couldn't just a month ago.





No comments:
Post a Comment