Saturday, September 1, 2018

Feminist Feast Days

On a Facebook post, Di McCullough writes:


"This is the feast day of St. Ann of Texas.

As the NYT records it:
"Asked once what she might have done differently had she known she was going to be a one-term governor, Richards grinned. "Oh, I would probably have raised more hell."

Friends, let us remember today that this may well be our only term in office."

Yesterday, Di wrote:

"Yesterday was the feast day of St. Molly of Austin (you have your canon and I have mine, bugger off).

For those of you wondering how she can help us shape our lives today, here’s a decent little nugget. Because she had one hell of an understanding that there was no fear in love."

To today's post, I responded:

"I love both the feast day of St. Molly and St. Ann. Someone should create a whole book/calendar of alternate feast days in this vein--could it be you?"

Yes, someone should create a whole year's worth of alternate feast days.  I wonder if it's already been done.  Let me record it here.

So many good ideas, so little time.


No comments: