As we drove to church yesterday, dark clouds roiled in the south. At one point, I urged my spouse to drive faster--I wanted to beat the rain that was surely on its way.
We just made it. But because of the heavy rain, we didn't have many attendees at our interactive service. So I set up the banners fabric while the ukulele band practiced.
I continued to glue fabric flames on the banners while they practiced.
Eventually, we had a few more people. We did some gluing together and talked about the week. We did communion. We didn't do the singing together that we usually do or the Bible reading. But that's O.K. Most of us also attend the 11:00 traditional service.
We are done with the banners. Next week we'll move on to a different project. I did want to note that for fabric banners that aren't going into the wash, glue works well. Even the lowly glue stick worked.
Yesterday's service wasn't what I had planned, when I was planning for a larger group. But that's O.K. We needed the rain, and it was good to have a chance to finish the banners. And it's good to know that at this rate, I'm unlikely to run out of Pentecost projects for us to do.
feeling the feelings…
1 year ago