Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Report

Some Easter Sunday bits worth remembering:

--The Easter brunch at church had a wide variety of pastry.  I had cannoli to go along with my yogurt and berry parfait.

--We didn't have as many children at the egg hunt as we usually do.  In fact, we had eggs left over.

--Our handchime prelude seemed to go well.  But it's hard to know when I'm part of that choir, as I was yesterday.

--We had a baptism.  But here's the twist:  not too long ago, the mother of the baby was a teen helper with VBS Arts and Crafts.  I don't know that I'll ever get used to seeing the humans I once knew as children in church grow into adulthood.

--The baptismal party included several small babies.  As we got ready for Communion, one of the mothers was discreetly breastfeeding her baby.  I thought about how my grandmother would be scandalized, and how happy I am to be part of a church where mothers feel free to breastfeed.

--Even not counting the baptismal party, we had a huge crowd.  We don't always have a huge crowd for Easter.  It was nice to be part of a big crowd.

--I was part of the counting team after church--we counted all the money from Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter, the Easter egg sales, and the AA group which gives us their donation for use of the hall in singles and fives.  The counting was easier than I thought it might be.

--We don't have a lot of Easter food traditions, so we came home and grilled the swordfish steaks that we hadn't gotten around to eating when my sister and nephew were here.  Then we took a long nap.  It was lovely.

--I ended Easter by finishing our taxes and sending them off--hurrah!  Perhaps there's a metaphor here . . .

No comments: