Monday, April 28, 2014

Down from the Mountain

Today I return down from the mountain, away from my time of retreat.  Hopefully, I'll be feeling renewed and refreshed. 



I was feeling really beat up, for all sorts of reasons, before I left.  This Create in Me retreat at Lutheridge could not have come at a better time.



I expect to post more about the retreat as the week continues.  But for now, here's some inspiration to begin our work week:

“Laundry, liturgy and women's work all serve to ground us in the world, and they need not grind us down. Our daily tasks, whether we perceive them as drudgery or essential, life-supporting work, do not define who we are as women or as human beings.”


― Kathleen Norris, The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy and "Women's Work"

“Prayer is not asking for what you think you want, but asking to be changed in ways you can't imagine.”

― Kathleen Norris

“If grace is so wonderful, why do we have such difficulty recognizing and accepting it? Maybe it's because grace is not gentle or made-to-order. It often comes disguised as loss, or failure, or unwelcome change.”

― Kathleen Norris

1 comment:

rbarenblat said...

I do love Kathleen Norris's work.

I'm glad the retreat has been restorative!