Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Saturday Before Palm Sunday

For those of you not keeping track at home, here's your reminder that Holy Week begins tomorrow.  It seems there should be some sort of special activity for the Saturday before Palm Sunday.

In the past, I might have gone to the back yard to harvest some palms--or maybe lots of palms.  


This year, I don't live in a place with palms.  I'm not going to harvest cherry blossoms.  Cherry blossoms would give the service a very different vibe.

In the past, I might have practiced an Easter song.  I have often been persuaded to help with the music for Easter sunrise service.  I'm willing to do it because the music has been a simpler choice, which means it's something I can learn on whatever instrument is needed.  



But this year, I'm not geographically close enough to any of my churches to do that.

Today I will go to the last in-person session for my World Religions class that I'm taking in seminary.  We'll finish the day by going to a Buddhist meditation center.  I will likely never celebrate the Saturday before Palm Sunday this way again.  But I'm looking forward to this way to celebrate today.

No comments: