Friday, April 1, 2022

Retreat Month Begins

Today begins my month of retreats--no, that's not an April Fool's sentence.  When I was severed from my job in early February, I thought, great, I can go to both the quilt retreat and Create in Me at Lutheridge in April.  I had wanted to do that, but I didn't have enough vacation saved up, and I was strategizing.

A few weeks ago, one of my church friends asked me if I had considered going with them to the women's retreat, God Spa, at a different church camp, Luther Springs.  I asked her when it was--in the past, that retreat date has often conflicted with Create in Me.  But this year, it didn't.  

It will make for heavy travel times.  I get back from God Spa on Sunday, and then on Tuesday I head out again to go to Quilt Camp.  I get back home for Holy Week, and then leave the following week for Create in Me.  I'll need to take my computer with me and do some seminary work, but that's the beauty of my seminary schedule right now.  If I've got an internet connection, I can do it from anywhere.

I want to go to God Spa for several reasons.  The main one is because I got an invitation.  I'm also happy to have some time with church friends.  I am moving to DC in August, so I won't have these opportunities often again.

I also want to see Luther Springs again.  They've done lots of building since I was there last in 2015.  I've donated money.  I want to see what they've done with the place.

And I want to do this because I'm unlikely to have this space of open time again.  I want to take the sorrow of being severed from my job and turn it into good memories.

No comments: