Saturday, November 6, 2021

Singing, Spooning

My spouse and I are not a couple that prays our bedtime prayers together.    Sometimes we offer a quick prayer as one of us leaves the house in the morning, and we are inclined to say grace.  But the other night, I had a window into a different kind of prayer.

My spouse sings in the choir, and he's been practicing a sung version of The Lord's Prayer to lead in church.  Because we've been using it in church for a few weeks, I know it too.

The other night as we began to drift to sleep, we sang it together.  Because we were curled around each other, I could feel the vibrations of the song as we both sang.  It was surprisingly moving.

I'd like to say that we'll begin a new practice, but that's not likely.  We're just as likely to drift off to sleep while watching TV as we are to have a regular bedtime.

Still, it gave me a window into a new sense of incarnation and holiness, and I wanted to remember it for later.

No comments: