Monday, May 7, 2018

The Pentecost Project: Mosaic Blocks

Yesterday, we completed what will be the last of our Pentecost projects:  glass blocks which will go in front of candles:




But of course, we didn't leave them blank.  I read the Pentecost story in Acts 2, and then I invited people to glue mosaic glass chips onto the glass blocks to illustrate the story:



As I expected, people took a variety of approaches:



From the specific:



To the abstract:




Even the littlest worshiper got into the act:



At the end, I decided to create a block which would use every last piece of mosaic glass, since I didn't want to store them, and I didn't want to throw them away.



And then, as I was putting away the supplies, I saw glitter--so I added that too--the chaos of the Holy Spirit is what my block represents:


No comments: