Thursday, February 11, 2021

When God Opens Both Doors and Windows

In my path to seminary, I realize that there will be discouraging times, so I want to record the encouraging times so that I have them when I need the fortitude to keep going.  In the past week, I've gotten so much positive feedback when I've told people my plans.  I remember many a spiritual book that suggests/claims that if one gets this kind of feedback, then it may be a bit clearer that one is proceeding in a good direction.

Earlier this week, I looked through the application materials for the seminary part of my plan; the candidacy part involves a different set of paperwork, with some overlap.  The seminary requires 4 letters of recommendation, so I decided to reach out to the people who might be the most likely candidates to write letters, knowing that they might say no for a variety of reasons.

They all said yes!

Yesterday I was on a Zoom conference call with part of the group that plans the Create in Me retreat.  We spent the first part of the call catching up with each other.   I told about my inability to be sure I could attend the retreat because my school is being bought by another school, and I don't know what the new vacation policy will be.  Then without planning to do it, I blurted out,  "And because that's not enough change and upheaval, I submitted my application for candidacy last week."  I said a few sentences about the Theology and the Arts program I'd found, and I was pleased to see the people on the call smile and nodded.

Today let me proceed on some of the pieces that I need to do.  The various essays that I have to write won't write themselves after all.

No comments: