Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Feast of All Saints: Call to Worship (Video)

If you are hoping for a more traditional approach to this Feast Day of All Saints, you've got lots of possibilities on this blog in terms of past posts.  This one is one of my standard meditations on the Feast of All Saints. 

Today I'm going to post the Call to Worship segment that I wrote and recorded for my church's pre-recorded service that will air at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.  Below the recording, I'll post the words to make access easier.





We worship here in the company of those who have gone before us: 

the ones whom we miss every day,

those who served in ways both big and small,

the ones who showed us what it means to live a life of faith,

the wones who showed us how to persevere in times of struggle and doubt.

We worship here, dimly burning wicks or blazing lanterns.

We worship here in the company of all the saints.

No comments: