Friday, December 7, 2018

Window Sill Advent Wreath

I had planned to make a small Advent wreath when I got home Wednesday night.  But my spouse had a pot of chili ready, so we spent time together on the front porch, eating dinner and enjoying the cooler weather as dusk settled into darkness.

We have a larger Advent wreath, but I didn't have it ready for Wednesday night.  And given the state of our home repairs, the outside tables are the only places where it's safe to have this kind of wreath with lit candles:



I wanted something I could use indoors, so yesterday morning, I created something different with the small, battery operated candles that I picked up over my Thanksgiving break:



I used some small bits of pine that I cut from my larger outdoor display on the front porch table:



I collected some blue and gold fabric from my stash and added it to my display:



I love how the windows, steamed from our recent cold front, make my display look wintry:



And here's the view as I write (if I sit up straight):



Creating this window display made me so happy.  I love that it's a type of altar space.  I have loved creating mantels and other types of seasonal displays.  Maybe as we move through 2019, I'll look for other ways to have this kind of sacred space above my writing desk.

No comments: