Tuesday, November 6, 2018

One Last Look at All Saints 2018

All Saints Sunday was one of great creativity for me.  I described part of it in yesterday's post.  I also took pictures during the day.  This one is technically a mistake, taken with the lens fogged up from the difference in temperature from inside to outside, but I like the ghostliness of it--appropriate for All Saints!


As I heard the Gospel story again and again, the lines that leapt out for me were the last ones, where Jesus orders Lazarus unbound. And so I made this image during our later service:




I was playing with the markers that we'll be using in the online journaling class that I'm taking. They're colors that I might not have chosen on my own. I used words from all of the lessons of the day:

First Reading: Isaiah 25:6-9

Second Reading: Revelation 21:1-6a

Gospel: John 11:32-44


And then I came home and did some additional work with the markers and journaling--more on that as the journaling course continues.  So far, it's been a course that's been very inspiring, worth every penny.

No comments: