Friday, January 31, 2014

Off to Mepkin Abbey

I've left some posts which will appear while I'm gone.  I'm off on my annual trip to Mepkin Abbey.  Longtime readers of this blog will say, "Didn't that annual trip take place in Nov. in the past?"

Yes it did, but last year we went in early February, and it worked out well, so this year we will go again in February, after our November 2013 date didn't work out.

There's a  new retreat center, so we won't be staying here:



What will we do?  We'll take long walks that lead us to the banks of the river.



Or maybe our walks will take us through cotton fields to the old slave cemetery.









We'll worship with the monks.



We'll eat delicious vegetarian meals.



We'll worship some more.




And we'll get writing done.  One year, I assembled the manuscript that would become my chapbook I Stand Here Shredding Documents.  I can't wait to see what comes this year!

1 comment:

rbarenblat said...

I hope your time away is everything you need it to be.