It was a good day at church yesterday. The conventional wisdom would have told us to expect light attendance yesterday because it's a holiday week-end. But we ran out of wine (just 1 glass short, so I went without). I felt good about my sermon, and the youth sermon went well too.
Both sermons talked about navigating conflict. The youth sermon talked about crazing, the problem in pottery with cracks that destabilize the whole piece. I also talked about the organist playing extra measures for the prelude as the acolytes and an adult tried to troubleshoot an issue.
The adult sermon also talked about conflict but on a larger level, even a national level; it ended with praise for local public libraries and for the Dep't of Transportation who plants flowers in interstate medians. Go to this post on my YouTube channel to see the recording of the sermon. If you'd like to read along, I put the manuscript in this post on my theology blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment