Monday, February 12, 2024

My Bible Study for Lent 2024

My internship project was putting together a Bible study for Lent for the Southeastern Synod, my internship site.  I'm really happy with it.  It gives discussion questions, quotes from scholars, and ideas for ways to engage with the Sunday lectionary texts through creative projects using materials on hand and/or using activities from different spiritual disciplines.  I also inserted some photos to make it easier to see where we're moving to a new week.

It's free and available for everyone to use;  go here where it's on the website if you scroll down, or go here to access it directly.

I enjoyed creating all of it, but going through photos to add. I used my own photos because I know I have the rights to them.  I liked thinking about the surrounding material and choosing photos to match.  For example, one of the spiritual disciplines to try is walking a labyrinth.  I chose this photo:


It was also a delight to go back and use the pictures to reflect on the wonderful experiences I've had.  Even though I haven't had a once in a lifetime trip, like going to Iona or the Holy Land, I've taken advantage of a lot of opportunities that came my way.

No comments: