Thursday, April 22, 2021

Prayer of Thanksgiving for Baptism: A Video

Yesterday, my pastor asked me to record a piece for a pre-recorded service for Ascension.  I was happy to say yes.  He sent me a prayer of thanksgiving for baptism.

When I saw the words, I realized it was the perfect opportunity to showcase our new rain chain:



Here are the words; I did repeat "Breathe your peace on your church" in two additional places, so that I didn't have to start recording again.:

THANKSGIVING FOR BAPTISM 

Alleluia! Christ is risen. Christ is risen indeed. Alleluia! Refreshed by the resurrection life we share in Christ, let us give thanks for the gift of baptism. We thank you, risen Christ, for these waters where you make us new, leading us from death to life, from tears to joy. We bless you, risen Christ, that your Spirit comes to us in the grace-filled waters of rebirth, like rains to our thirsting earth, like streams that revive our souls, like cups of cool water shared with strangers. Breathe your peace on your church when we hide in fear. Clothe us with your mercy and forgiveness. Send us companions on our journey as we share your life. Make us one, risen Christ. Cleanse our hearts. Shower us with life. To you be given all praise, with the Holy Spirit, in the glory of God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: