Yesterday, as I watched news snippets that showed the Pope and his last Mass, I found myself wondering about the Pope's last sermon. He has the advantage of knowing it's his last sermon. What a difficult, yet wondrous, rhetorical task.
What would you say, if it was your last chance to speak with such authority? What final words does your flock need to hear.
I have the last words of Christ on the brain this Lent season. Our pastor has started this blog, and my spouse and I are trying to contribute photos for the last word of each week.
We missed week 1 and contributed week 2. This week the last word is "Woman, behold your son; behold your mother" (John 19: 26-27). It's a tougher assignment.
We agree that we don't want to do any mother-baby combination. That's much too Christmas-y.
My spouse would love to find a way to get a shot of a mother at a courtroom. Perhaps it's time to leave the realm of photography.
It's an interesting Lenten discipline that we've taken up. I like that we're doing it together. Even if we can't create the ideal photograph, it's intriguing to talk about what we would do, if we could accomplish anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment